Happy Sunday! I clean *something* every single day, but I like to do a deeper clean once a week. This usually falls on Sundays! I prefer to start my week off fresh, so I tackle that by organizing, dusting, wiping everything down, scrubbing, vacuuming, and swiffering. I typically like to do my cleaning at night before bed because it relaxes me and gives me an hour or two to enjoy it and wind down.
1. Organize: I put away laundry, organize my t-shirt shelf that has turned into a pile over the past week, put my skincare products where they belong, and get my desk in order.
2. Dust: It's necessary.
3. Wipe down: I use Clorox wipes on my bathroom counter, the toilet, the tub/shower, door knobs, handles, and light switches. I just feel like these clean the best for me. I use Mrs. Meyer's Multi-Surface cleaner in the Lavender scent (of course) to wipe off my dressers, tables, bedside table, desk, etc. I also use it to wipe off any decor that may be dusty. I will use a basic cloth with this. For my mirrors I will use the Vinegar Window Cleaner from The Dollar Tree. I hate the smell but it gets the job done and it was only $1. It actually works really well!
4. Scrub: To clean my toilet I use Lime-A-Way, which I also got at The Dollar Tree. This is the best toilet cleaner for me. I just let it sit for a couple of minutes before using a toilet brush to scrub.
5. Vacuum: We have hardwood floors which I know people will typically sweep, but I do have a couple rugs so I just prefer to use a vacuum. It gets the dust up and is easier for me than sweeping.
6. Swiffer: I typically only swiffer my bathroom floor, but I recommend this for small spaces. If you are cleaning a kitchen or living room then a larger mop may be a better option for you. I also have hardwood floors in my bathroom so it needs to be mopped or else you can see product residue, etc.
I love to finish off my cleaning by lighting a candle and relaxing. Like I mentioned, I am typically cleaning at night so this is a nice way to wind down and enjoy my clean space. I love the Cotton candle from Yankee Candle. They also have a Clean Cotton scent which would work great as well.
I hope this post was helpful for you! I only do a deep deep clean about once a month which would include dusting baseboards, wiping entire pieces of furniture, dusting the fans, and dusting the blinds. This just includes my weekly routine.
Get some cleaning done tonight so you can start the week off fresh!